WROC-TV, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a multi-media News Producer with creative ideas to join our team. The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts news content across all media platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deciding which stories are of most interest to our news consumers.
• Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts or posted to web.
• Write informative and detailed web platform stories including links and additional information viewers will find useful.
• Time broadcasts and insure they are clean and correct on the air.
• Assign reporters and photographers.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Direct professional experience working within a television newsroom is preferred for this position, but recent college graduates in journalism/mass communication who have strong internship work in broadcast are encouraged to apply.
• Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
• Ability to multi-task, and work in demanding, high-pressure situations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e2me-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.