Part-Time Sports Reporter
WRGB TV is looking for a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment. Preferred candidate should have AAS degree in a broadcast discipline, three years engineering experience, or SBE certification.
In addition, job responsibilities will include...
• Maintain and repair equipment used in an aggressive news environment.
• Oversee incoming remote broadcasts during newscasts
• Provide first response as needed to maintain live news broadcasts
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Must have knowledge of current FCC rules and regulations and ensure operational compliance
• Must be able to work unsupervised and as a part of a group
• Must be able to work a rotating week-end on-call schedule, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxyjzj-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.