WRBL-TV News Anchor / Multi-Media Journalist (030121 Posting)
The CBS affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Weekday Morning News Anchor & Multi-Media Journalist to gather, craft, and present content for television newscasts & specials, online, and on social media platforms.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Anchor weekday morning newscasts (daily), cut-ins (daily), noon newscasts (regularly), and other segments & programs (as needed)
• Produce weekday morning newscasts (occasionally), cut-ins (daily), noon newscasts (regularly), and other segments & programs (as needed)
• Report live and break enterprise news stories on-air, online, and on social media channels
• Participate in community functions and make public appearances on behalf of our station and company
• Dynamic, confident, and welcoming presenter from the anchor desk and live in the field
• Ability to foster, grow, and daily deliver an energetic, upbeat, comfortable, and positive on-air ''chemistry'' and behind-the-scenes comradery with co-presenters and teammates
• Unselfish team player who daily demonstrates inclusiveness, generosity, and esprit de corps with co-workers
• Strong line producer -- The morning newscasts are staffed with a producer. However, the successful candidate must be confident in this as they will line produce occasionally and assist with line producing duties daily.
• Leverage insatiable curiosity and savvy interpersonal skills to cultivate sources, develop story leads, and regularly break exclusive enterprise and investigative content on all platforms
• Low-to-Zero call/approach reluctance
• Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act and some practical experience using it
• Strong news judgment
• Never miss a deadline -- Highly organized and manages time very well
• Work well under pressure --- Ability to handle breaking news and last-minute changes with aplomb
• Superior writing skills --- A flair for tease writing highly preferred
• Mastery of AP writing style for the authoring of on-air and digital content
• Ability to post and manage content, engage with viewers, and cultivate story leads on social media platforms
• Familiarity with digital and social media metrics
• Confident and capable videographer who understands the components of visual storytelling and is able to gather compelling visuals, strong natural sound, and solid interviews with field video gear
• Confident, fast video editor
• Professional, collegial demeanor with colleagues and with members of the public
• Strong, candid knowledge of self and your capabilities
• A hunger to learn, improve, and share the experience with teammates
• Hate to lose and driven to dominate competitors
• 2-3 years live television anchoring and reporting experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of a digital content web publishing system
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms publishing and metrics dashboards
• Strong working knowledge of video cameras
• Working knowledge of still cameras
• Strong non-linear video editing skills required. Familiarity with Adobe Premiere video editing software preferred.
• Familiarity with ENPS rundown and story management system preferred
• Ability to confidently and safely operate a motor vehicle
• Mastery of smart phone hardware and mobile app operation
Work Schedule is: As Assigned
Primarily Weekdays 3:45am – 12:45pm. Will also fill in for other news team members in other dayparts and on other days as needed. Community engagement responsibilities regularly occur during non-news times.
Pre-employment background screening required. Candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driving record. Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs of equipment.
Qualified applicants must apply online. Email a copy of your resume and a link to your most up-to-date video resume reel to Gene Kirkconnell at email@example.com.