News Director - WPTA
WPTA-TV is northeast Indiana's most honored broadcaster. Our commitment to quality journalism has been recognized with multiple National Edward R. Murrow Awards, regional Emmy Awards and the highest honors form the Indiana Broadcasters Association. Our team produces 41 hours of news each week across our ABC and NBC channels and is committed to local, in-depth special programming that airs in addition to traditional newscasts. WPTA is part of Gray Television, a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations across the United States.
WPTA-TV (ABC/NBC) is seeking a News Director. Must be a strong competitive leader with excellent communication skills, a successful track record in coaching and developing news staff, and growing audiences across all platforms. The ideal candidate must also have a passion for local news and digital media.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Expertise in enhancing the presentation and delivery of news content through coaching and mentoring staff
- Strong editorial judgment
- Retain, attract, and grow top talent
- Manage, lead, and develop the news brand
- Lead a newsroom culture dedicated to owning First Alert Weather, enterprise/investigative reporting and breaking news across all content platforms
- Proven administrative skills with budgeting, planning and staff scheduling
- Ability to collaborate with other station department heads, media partners, and community leaders
- Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- 3 to 5 year's experience in television news management
- Outstanding knowledge of television news operations and other media platforms
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8jbv-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.