WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a dynamic News Anchor for our Evening Newscasts. The select candidate should be a newsroom leader, a team player, and help with story generation and reporting as needed. This position requires a person who is digital savvy and can engage with viewers on all platforms. Investigative skills are a strong plus. We are looking for a passionate leader to join our experienced, talented, and award-winning team.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor newscasts as assigned
• Present stories calmly and clearly and in a live capacity
• Develop and produce relevant, enterprise and breaking stories for multiple platforms
• Write broadcast & digital news stories that are professionally complete and compelling
• Appear at promotional functions
• Use our editing and photography tools to produce short and long-form journalism
• Develop news sources for show segments, general assignment and specials
• Operate news equipment in a safe, professional manner
• Support news promotion
• Contribute regularly to news coverage
• Perform duties as assigned
• Minimum 3-5 years anchor/reporter experience
• College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
• Leadership skills
• Exceptional news judgment
• Professional knowledge of news operations are required
• Strong and engaging on-air skills to produce memorable live shows
• Strong social media optimizer utilizing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems
• Be calm and cool under pressure & deadlines
• Great organizational skills
* Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97n79-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.