EVENING NEWS CO-ANCHOR (PRIMARY) - WLUC
WLUC has been a fixture in Upper Michigan for 65 years. The #1 rated WLUC is a market leader and an NBC affiliate. Our FOX Network with the TV6 Night Report, is the #2 newscast in this competitive five station market.
WLUC is in Upper Michigan, a recreational paradise. Winter, summer, spring or fall, if you enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you. Ten minutes from anywhere, you'll find a trail, river, lake or event to capture your desire. The small town setting is peaceful and safe, but still has the big city entertainment and dining experiences. But it's the people of Upper Michigan that make this area stand out. They're friendly, helpful, honest and fun. Here's a video link showing the area and station and why the U.P. is Someplace Special.
Learn more about WLUC
Our current evening co-anchor is leaving after 30 years. This is a main anchor position. (We also have a Primary Morning News Anchor opening, if that shift is of more interest to you). You're a leader in the newsroom in both positions, on-air and in the community. It's an opportunity to be part of the #1 station in the market, co-anchoring the 7p and 11p weeknight newscasts. You're part of a 29 member news team, using ENPS, Edius and VizRT Graphics. This position is a working anchor/producer and a special assignment reporter/MMJ along with Live Shots. The right person is creative, a great writer for on-air and on-line, a great storyteller and producer. Community involvement is a key part of this high profile position. Personal appearances at community functions is a must.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Writing for on-air and on-line
• Mentoring young field reporters, checking/approving stories/scripts
• Knowledge of videography and video editing
• Must meet deadlines and be able to multi-task
• Great attitude and enjoy working with others
• Strong work ethic
• Enjoy talking with people
• Professional appearance
• Strong on-air delivery and speaking voice
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Pass a Drug Test and Driver's Background Check
• Ability to handle Social Media, including Website writing, Facebook, Twitter and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw83mp-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.