WLOX-TV is the number one station on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We produce award-winning news on both WLOX ABC and WLOX CBS. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WLOX.com, the WLOX News app, the WLOX Weather app, Gulf Coast Weekend and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WLOX News has a unique opportunity for someone to join one of the highest rated morning newscasts in the country. We need an anchor to carry on Good Morning Mississippi's tradition of excellence. We're hiring an on-air personality who compliments our current team, adds urgency to newscasts, and knows how to adjust on the fly when breaking news changes our daily plans. This position also includes live shots and reporting opportunities on newscasts as well as our digital and social platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Anchor Good Morning Mississippi
* Develop story ideas
* Build an array of sources
* Cover breaking news on our OTT digital desk
* Know how the stories in a newscast impact viewers and the community
* Adjust on the fly when breaking news changes our coverage plans
* Write content for WLOX.com and station's social media platforms
* Be a leader in the newsroom
* Be able to work long hours covering breaking news online, including holidays and weekends
Position requires applicable college degree and at least one year experience at a broadcast station. Also requires a clean driving record, proof of insurability and a valid driver's license.
* College degree preferred
* Valid drivers license required
* Must complete and pass a drug screening
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pb7e-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.