is looking for a dynamic, authentic reporter who has the ability to generate relevant story
ideas, write to video, and execute compelling live shots. The right candidate must have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills, and be able to deliver breaking news with urgency, credibility and context. We are looking for a
true team player - someone who brings positive, inclusive energy to the newsroom. We are looking for a critical thinker, who knows the right questions to ask - a versatile,
enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight
Anchoring experience is a plus, for fill-in opportunities.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Covers day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Communicates and contributes pictures, video and text updates to social audiences
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events, understands stations dedication to community
• Strong writing and live reporting skills
• Has a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and holidays
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Past reporting experience (3-5 years) required
• Anchor experience a plus
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, proven work experience
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.