WLBT is Mississippi's flagship station and the dominant #1 local TV and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are an NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. It is Mississippi's largest TV market and state capital, offering great museums, several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical Center. With our great weather, Mississippi is about the outdoors. An extensive network of walking, running and cycling trails is available across the metro. And if you love a weekend getaway, Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta.
If you're a sports fan, we have you covered. The Mississippi Braves, the AA team of the Atlanta Braves, calls metro Jackson home. We host the PGA with the Sanderson Farms Championship. We have two SWAC schools in our DMA, Jackson State and Alcorn State. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans have an easy drive to NOLA and Memphis.
More info on WLBT - Jackson, MS
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lccLR6Nic&feature=youtu.be
WLBT is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our award-winning news team. We are seeking a digitally minded, strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. You will report as a one-man band five days a week. Our next reporter in this capital city, will break stories on digital first and throughout the day. Those stories could then fall into rotation within our traditional newscasts on TV. Experience covering breaking news on social media, web, and TV is a plus. An understanding of digital platforms is a must. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write and edit for TV and all digital platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Shooting, writing and editing daily content for newscasts and website
• Demonstrated track record of compelling live reporting, including breaking, planned and feature coverage
• Operating portable live unit, and conducting live shots from the field
• Generating story ideas and building local contacts
• Performing other duties as assigned by management
• 2+ years as a MMJ in a television newsroom
• Journalism or Communications degree preferred, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Knowledge of Mississippi communities, issues, and coverage opportunities
• Experience in a commercial newsroom
• Pre-employment and random drug testing
• Must have a good driving record
◘ Are you energetic, positive and goal-oriented with a passion to succeed? Our station invites you to send you cover letter and resume to: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2yoe-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.