WKYT-TV is home to the CBS and CW affiliates in beautiful Lexington, KY. The station sits amongst picturesque horse farms in the Thoroughbred Capital of the World.
The Lexington DMA (#67) provides a competitive news environment and WKYT has emerged as the news leader, producing over 9.5 hours of news per day. Our team of award-winning professionals thrive in a fast-paced, yet fun, environment.
Lexington is home to a thriving downtown scene, phenomenal restaurants and breweries, and, of course, Keeneland Race Course, the most beautiful horse track you'll ever visit. For outdoor enthusiasts, Red River Gorge and the Appalachian Mountains are calling your name. And in the summers, Lake Cumberland is just a short drive south to get your boating fix.
Lexington is home the University of Kentucky, where basketball is a way of life! Once you see a game at historic Rupp Arena, your life will never be the same!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Duties include developing and organizing a newscast
• Responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
• Working closely with news managers and assignment editors in determining content needs enhancing content with graphics, video research, and station branding
• Making time sensitive decisions
• Writing clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Occasionally editing video for multiple platforms and performing other duties as assigned.
• At minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
• Self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88n5x-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.