WKYC-TV, an NBC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio, is searching for a part-time Production Assistant to perform a variety of technical and support functions in the execution of live newscasts and studio productions. We're looking for someone who is eager to learn about news production and can help our production team create engaging content. The person filling this role will be tasked with running teleprompter and operating studio equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in television, video production and directing/technical directing. This is a 24/7 news environment and will require reliable transportation.
• Operate studio teleprompter for live newscasts and recorded segments or programs.
• Assist in studio operations such as camera operation, studio preparation and putting microphones on guests in studio.
• Some writing and light video editing for station productions or digital platforms.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous work or school related experience is helpful.
• Must be detail oriented and able to troubleshoot and fix problems quickly during live newscasts.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Excellent communication skills required- must be able to convey information quickly and effectively to anchors and reporters in the studio, and to the director and producer in the control room.
• Light lifting and or moving of equipment and set pieces is often required.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk18z0-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.