News Assignment Editor
WKRC is seeking a dynamic Breaking News Anchor for our morning newscast! The person we are seeking to join our on-air team will bring a unique combination of journalistic, digital, and broadcasting skills. In this role, you will provide content for our local broadcast and digital platforms, as well as maintain a robust presence on WKRC social media pages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Anchoring multiple live reports from Breaking News Desk during AM News.
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum of two years of anchor/reporter experience strongly preferred
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r74enp-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.