WJLA has an immediate opening for a show Producer for the Government Matters Thought Leadership Network (GMTLN), the custom arm of Government Matters Media. The candidate will be responsible for booking guests and producing sponsored programs to include 30-minute TV shows and webinars. You will work closely with the Managing Director of Government Matters and the show's Host. In this position, you will also work with clients who sponsor the programs, research and develop the content and flow of the programs, and line-produce them on day of recording.
A deep knowledge of how government management works and the ability to research government management strategies and approaches are required. Familiarity with working with government media operations a plus.
The ideal candidate will:
• Work with public affairs officers both in government and the private sector, as well as marketing professionals to schedule interviewees & develop content
• Communicate the vision of each program to the host, director, and production crew
• Write and edit webinars and custom TV programs
• Greet and handle high-profile interviewees and other guests
• Interface with vendors and clients
• Provide project updates to the Managing Director and marketing consultants
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
• Solid grasp of current news and issues impacting the federal marketplace
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to work collegially with fellow team members
• Be able to multi-task and manage time to develop exciting and informative programs
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute strategies and goals in a broadcast format
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with nonlinear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems (i.e. iNews)
• Prior show producing experience preferred, but not required
• A journalism or communications degree is preferred, but not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n0e0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.