News Anchor - WJHG
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
WJHG is looking for an experienced, dynamic professional to anchor our main weekday newscasts. We are looking for an anchor who can instantly be a leader in our newsroom. Someone who is passionate about local news, and who takes interest with shaping the product by mentoring our staff of journalists. We want someone who will lead by example in the newsroom. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned journalist to move into a leadership role at the number one station in the fast-growing Florida Panhandle. We want someone who wants to build relationships in the community, getting involved with organizations, emceeing events, and representing the station in a positive manner on and off camera.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchoring a newscast which also requires assisting with producing, checking scripts, and contributing content.
- Reporting breaking news events happening live locally and/or nationally and scheduling/conducting live interviews.
- Ability to produce, present, and technically direct unique content every day that will broadcast on multiple platforms.
- Ability to turn content generated on OTT platforms into stories that can be used on air, web, and social media.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle technical skills while reporting and anchoring live.
- Works on special projects, including investigative reporting and long-form features.
- Assists with other newsroom duties as directed by management.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and hours that could change depending on the needs of the news team.
- A BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience working in news media is required.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing for newscasts.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership capabilities.
- Willingness to get involved in the community off camera and represent the station at local events.
- Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, write, and technically direct content independently.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n307-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.