MMJ / Digital Producer - WJHG
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
This is a unique job in a fast-paced modern newsroom with a hyper-local focus, that gives a whole new meaning to multi-media journalist. If you thrive off breaking news, enjoy long-form interviews, have strong technical skills, and are looking to be on the cutting edge of the newest direction in news, this job is for you! We are looking for someone who can help build up our livestreaming news coverage and can think outside the box to create new ways to connect with news viewers on multiple platforms. This person will be responsible for content creation between newscasts that can air on digital platforms, and identifying live opportunities on our website, app, social media and OTT devices.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting breaking news events happening live locally and/or nationally and scheduling/conducting daily live interviews.
- Ability to produce, present, and technically direct unique content every day that will broadcast on multiple platforms.
- Ability to turn content generated on OTT platforms into stories that can be used on air, web, and social media.
- Able to think quickly without a script and go live on multiple platforms simultaneously.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle technical skills while reporting and anchoring live.
- Works on special projects, including investigative reporting and long-form features.
- Assists with other newsroom duties as directed by management and fills in for WJHG/WECP anchors and reporters as needed.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and hours that could change often depending on the needs of the news team.
- A BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience working in news media is preferred.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational/scheduling skills.
- Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, write, and technically direct content independently.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5yxx-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.