- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout WJHG:
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS affiliates in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
Click to learn more about the Panama City market: https://youtu.be/fXHzHBhGXSw
WJHG/WECP Northwest Florida's leading news stations seek a Director/Technical Media Producer in Panama City Beach, Florida. This individual must be hard-working, self-motivated, and creative. The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must have some television experience at least at the Production Assistant level; would prefer Directing and/or Master Control experience. Basic working knowledge of PC's is necessary. This position involves serving as the TMP during newscasts as well as working in Master Control airing live breaks, ingesting programming, commercials, etc. for the station's five channels.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a Technical Media Producer for live and pre-recorded productions.
- This is a full-time position for an individual who works efficiently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills and get along well with co-workers.
- Work with ENPS Newsroom computer system.
- Understanding of all equipment in studio, production, and Master Control areas.
- Work closely with other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Require skill with Ross Overdrive, Ross Vision Switcher, Ross Carbonite Switcher, Ross Cambotics, and all supporting equipment in the Media Control Center and Master Control Area.
- Helpful but not necessary to have worked at least 2 years in Television/IT industry.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Must hold a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must be available to work a minimum schedule of 40 hours per week.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WJHG/WECP -TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyqzqk-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.