WITN News has been Your Breaking News and Weather Authority for Eastern North Carolina for 65 years. We produce 38.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms. We're in the rapidly growing Greenville/New Bern/Washington DMA (100), with bureaus in New Bern and Jacksonville. We serve Beaufort, Bertie, Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Onslow, Pamlico, Pitt, Tyrell, and Washington counties. WITN is the dominant station in the market.
WITN is looking for someone who lives for current events – who enterprises hard news lead stories and doesn't pitch the latest press release. The ideal candidate has a knack for communication, a passion for videography, and speaks the social media language. This position is not for someone who doesn't want to make FOIA requests, examine documents and agendas and find stories that truly matter to people. It is for someone who loves finding stories, pitching them, and then reporting, shooting, and editing them! The successful candidate must be organized, driven, creative, and an active content creator. We are looking for a top-notch journalist who loves attacking breaking news and embraces a culture of urgency.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Reporting live daily for multiple newscasts
• Shooting, writing, editing and posting all news stories
• Working under strict deadline pressure
• Good writing skills
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• Knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as content management systems and social media
• You MUST provide a link to your resume reel
• Pre-employment drug screen, MVR check will be run
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re83y7-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.