Digital & Social Media Marketing Specialist - WIS
WIS-TV has been the #1 ranked television station in the capitol city of Columbia, South Carolina for 69 years. WIS broadcasts to 41 of the state's 46 counties, making it truly ''South Carolina's TV Station''. WIS ranks as the #2 ranked NBC in the country (out of 253 affiliates). Among its many former notable on-air staff is NBC Today Show co-host Craig Melvin. Melvin, a Columbia native, got his start as a reporter and anchor for WIS. WIS is an award-winning news operation with over 60 Emmy nominations in the last 5 years. WIS is also the proud recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for Journalism Excellence and has been awarded ''South Carolina Broadcasters Association Station of the Year'' a record 16 times. Our station's rich history of community service supports a diverse Midlands of South Carolina population and has dedicated our support of the state's many veterans (South Carolina is home to the most retired military veterans in the nation) in our ''Year of the Veteran'' initiative which honors and supports veterans many needs. Columbia is also home to Fort Jackson, the US Army's largest army installation for Basic Combat Training in the nation, and employers Blue Cross Blue Shield and Palmetto Health systems.
WIS provides over 55 hours of live news per week for the viewers of South Carolina and is proud to have two broadcast icons in Judi Gatson and Rick Henry as reigning TV Anchor and TV Sportscaster of the Year. In 2019, WIS commissioned Columbia's CW on 10.2, which now provides a full schedule of programming and WIS newscasts, including a nightly 10pm newscast. The historic and iconic WIS building is located two blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse and just across the street from the sprawling University of South Carolina. Outdoor enthusiast relish the areas many golf courses that South Carolina has to offer along with boating and fishing on the large 50,000 acre Lake Murray recreational area in Lexington County. Lake Murray is the largest recreational reservoir in the world.
If you love digital, streaming platforms and social media channels, this is the job for you! WIS NEWS 10's Marketing Department is in search of a Digital and Social Media Specialist The Digital and Social Media Specialist will conceptualize and execute all marketing and audience development on digital, social media and streaming platforms for WIS 10 News, Columbia's NBC, and CW stations, as well as WISTV.com. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated and team-oriented with a positive can-do attitude willing to work across departments to forward the audience growth goals on all digital and streaming platforms for WIS-TV.
You will be working with the Director of Marketing and the entire Marketing Team. Work alongside peers in News (Digital Content Manager) and Sales (Digital Sales Manager). Work with Marketing Producers.
Social Media Management:
- Develop and Captain daily/weekly/monthly strategy with the Director of Marketing and the Digital Content Team.
- Social Media Account Management (Brand + Talent Pages on all platforms)
- Platform specific reporting for news, marketing (Crowdtangle Summaries, Flowcode, Gray metrics, Etc.)
- Posting Highly Engaging Content to all platforms (Apps, OTT, Website, Social, YouTube)
- Talent Coaching / Accountability
Digital Platform Management:
- Modifying Website, OTT apps, YouTube, News and Weather apps based on research priorities
- Writing / Editing relevant news and marketing articles for digital and social platforms
- With station management, help execute digital and social agreements with community partners and sales clients.
Digital / Outside Media Management:
- Place Station Media campaign buys on all platforms (Premion, Roku, Amazon Fire, News and Weather Apps, OTT.)
- Other duties as assigned.
*** Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above ***
- Writing (Articles, Press Releases, Social Posts)
- Editing (Video, photos via Adobe Creative Suite & Canva)
- Digital / Social Software (Facebook business manager, Crowdtangle, Arc, Google Analytics, SND, Etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Tik Tok social media platforms.
- Photography and Videography experience a plus
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzeexq-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.