Advertising Sales Executive - WIS
WIS-TV has been the #1 ranked television station in the capitol city of Columbia, South Carolina for 67 years. WIS broadcasts to 41 of the state's 46 counties, making it truly ''South Carolina's TV Station''. WIS ranks as the #2 ranked NBC in the country (out of 253 affiliates). Among its many former notable on-air staff is NBC Today Show co-host Craig Melvin. Melvin, a Columbia native, got his start as a reporter and anchor for WIS. WIS is an award-winning news operation with over 60 Emmy nominations in the last 5 years. WIS is also the proud recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for Journalism Excellence and has been awarded.
''South Carolina Broadcasters Association Station of the Year'' a record 16 times. Our station's rich history of community service supports a diverse Midlands of South Carolina population and has dedicated our support of the state's many veterans (South Carolina is home to the most retired military veterans in the nation) in our ''Year of the Veteran'' initiative which honors and supports veterans many needs. Columbia is also home to Fort Jackson, the US Army's largest army installation for Basic Combat Training in the nation, and employers Blue Cross Blue Shield and Palmetto Health systems. WIS provides over 50 hours of live news per week for the viewers of South Carolina and is proud to have two broadcast icons in Judi Gatson and Rick Henry as reigning TV Anchor and TV Sportscaster of the Year. In 2019, WIS commissioned Columbia's CW on 10.2, which now provides a full schedule of programming and WIS newscasts, including a nightly 10pm newscast. The historic and iconic WIS building is located two blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse and just across the street from the sprawling University of South Carolina. Outdoor enthusiast relish the areas many golf courses that South Carolina has to offer along with boating and fishing on the large 50,000 acre Lake Murray recreational area in Lexington County. Lake Murray is the largest recreational reservoir in the world.
At WIS, we help businesses grow in the market through the use of effective advertising solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Provide local and regional businesses with cutting edge marketing solutions to increase market share, drive revenue, build brands, and reduce wasted marketing dollars.
• Utilize research of consumer behavior to effectively connect quality businesses with ready buyers.
• Serve, educate, and strengthen the business community with leadership in an ever-evolving industry.
• Challenge yourself professionally and personally to grow, build confidence, gain independence, and generate personal income equivalent to the value you bring.
• 3-5 years sales experience.
• Must have a proven track record of negotiating and developing business in broadcast sales and digital sales.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nnb1-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.