TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring of WILX's on-air streams, transmitter, FCC logs and ingesting daily programming and commercial inventory. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WILX-TV10.
• Require skill with the following: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, MCR / Harris automation, Utah House routing system, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop. Require skill of all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Require skill for live truck operations and internet-based video operations (i.e. Skype or similar)
• Understanding of FCC program & transmitter logs and FCC broadcast regulations.
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system.
• Prep Media for news as needed.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Dedication to care of equipment.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc. Overtime (for regular employees) will be possible.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills.
• Newscast directing/Master Control experience or Technical Directing experience in a system nearly identical to WILX.
• Operating knowledge of PC's and graphics computers (Vizrt knowledge and experience preferred).
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Regular and reasonable work attendance is required.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Come join our dynamic sales team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WILX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2q14-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.