Promotions Producer - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
WILX is looking for a dynamic Promotions Producer leader that excels in marketing. The ideal candidate should be a creative visual storyteller with strong skills in communication, writing, cinematography and Adobe CC. You will be on the front lines of on-air and social marketing for WILX.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Manage all NBC and syndication co-op and promotion.
• Work in Wide Orbit/ update and change logs as needed
• Create full screens, touts, logos and other graphics as needed
• Overseeing weekly production of news special report promos
• Write / Produce / edit station promos, proofs and PSA's as assigned
• Assist in station sponsored events
• Write daily topicals and station promotables – for on air and socially
• Attend daily news meetings and coordinate to promote upcoming stories
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with Adobe CC, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
• Experience in news promotion – on-air, online and social
• Advanced skills in Premiere and After Effects strongly preferred
• Ability to write strong news promotion, shoot and edit content that grabs viewer's attention
• Knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in broadcast production is preferred
• Demo reel of your best work is required
• Experience in social media marketing
• A passion for marketing and promotion, on-air and online
• A strong interest in local news and social media is a must
• Drive to brainstorm and create marketing strategies to meet the needs of the station
• Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail in all responsibilities.
• Creative and organized mindset / Self-starter and leader
• Ability to use intellect and equipment to perform duties and meet expectations.
• Initiative to develop individual talents and skills and to help fellow staff do the same.
• Ability to work individually or as a team, as the situation necessitates, and take direction well.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe2q1-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.