NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for writing, story development, and showcasing news content.
• Aggressively pursuing news tips and reporting on breaking news.
• Collaborating with others in the newsroom on developing stories.
• Responsible for posting content to the station's digital platforms.
• Candidates should be able to work quickly to meet deadlines in a very demanding news environment, must be able to multi-task, must be a self-starter and must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Applicants must be proficient in grammar, punctuation and spelling, as well as having excellent writing and communication skills.
• Must communicate well with people, work quickly on deadlines and have experienced news judgement.
• Candidates with experience working in a newsroom or with digital and/or social media preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o43e-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.