WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Produce and write newscasts as needed
• Find creative ways to showcase newscast
• Anchor newscast
• Oversee news content
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with Adobe CC, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
• Advanced skills in Premiere and After Effects strongly preferred
• Ability to write news stories, shoot and edit content that grabs viewer's attention
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in broadcast is preferred
• Demo reel of your best work is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8qme-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.