WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
WILX Media, a Gray Television station located in Lansing, Michigan has an opening for a Digital Sales Assistant (DSA) to join our team of integrated marketing/advertising professionals. At WILX, we help businesses ''find and keep their very best customers'' using effective marketing and advertising.
And at WILX… we like to have fun! We believe that BIG IDEAS = BIG RESULTS and we develop advertising that really works. We will value your ideas!
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Will handle the setup, ad traffic, optimization, and reporting of digital advertising campaigns and products. Such as Sponsorships, Targeted Display, OTT, SEM, YouTube, Social Ads and Media, and Targeted Email.
• The DSA is a critical part of our team focused on providing excellent service and digital campaign results to our clients by delivering reliably executed programs, reporting that shows value of our campaigns, and insights that assist in successful outcomes for advertisers
• Focus on retention of current digital advertising clients is key to long-term stability for WILX and our clients.
• The Digital Sales Assistant will become an expert in the field of Gray Digital Media, develop a strong understanding of the local and regional media landscape, and independently build digital campaigns on various product platforms.
• Other duties as assigned by General Sales Manager
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively.
• Ability to use creativity to solve problems.
• Ability to meet deadlines is critical
• Must be highly organized.
• A real desire to understand our clients and their businesses.
• Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver's license.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Come join our dynamic sales team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WILX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x606-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.