Digital Executive Producer - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
We are looking for a Digital Executive Producer to work on the WILX website and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will oversee digital efforts and create content on all digital platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating, managing and editing text, video and slideshow content for all of WILX TV's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media platforms.
• Aggressively pursuing news tips and reporting on breaking news on digital formats, driving viewers across multiple platforms.
• Collaborating with the entire newsroom on developing stories and best practices for digital publishing.
• Research, propose, and develop new and innovative emerging technology strategies to expand upon and deliver the WILX brand experience.
• Analytics reporting when needed.
• Collaborate with Creative Services team members to create effective content and to communicate brand.
• Must have regular and timely attendance and flexibility for changing operational needs.
• Other duties as assigned by the News Director.
• Candidates should be able to work quickly to meet deadlines in a very demanding news environment, must be able to multitask, must be a self-starter and must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Applicants must be proficient in grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Knowledge of graphic, motion, and multimedia software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, and Flash. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Knowledge and understanding of HTML5, and the capabilities of web browsers.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82219-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.