Captiol Bureau Photographer / Editor - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
Gray Television is seeking a Michigan State Capitol Photographer/Editor to cover local, state, and national political issues affecting Michigan residents. This position will work for at least three Gray Television stations covering the state of Michigan: WILX (Lansing-Jackson), WNEM (Saginaw-Flint), and WLUC (Marquette-Upper Peninsula). This position may also contribute content to appear on Gray Television stations across the country when covering statewide issues or national political races. The Gray Michigan Capitol Photographer/Editor is a Lansing-based position who will work with a reporter to cover the state legislative session, elections, and statewide issues and help grow our presence at the Michigan Capitol. You would be responsible for daily and live coverage for three Gray Stations.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Degree in photojournalism, production, or related field preferred but not required.
• Previous newsroom experience desired.
• Must demonstrate solid news judgment.
• Knowledge of computers, cameras, and editing equipment.
• Have a valid driver's license and maintain a clean driving record.
• Candidates must submit a resume, demo reel of previous photography and editing work, and professional references.
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Great communication and people skills
• Competitive, energetic, and self-starter
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
, upload your resume, cover letter, and references (include demo reel of work)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WILX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2ejn-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.