Account Executive - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
WILX Media, a Gray Television station located in Lansing, Michigan has a rare opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our team of integrated marketing/advertising professionals. At WILX, we help businesses ''find and keep their very best customers'' through the use of effective marketing and advertising. If you have media sales experience and see yourself as a high-energy creative individual that likes working with people, this could be your opportunity to work better hours and make more money at the top-billing media company in Mid-Michigan.
To be successful in this position you will be responsible for:
• Sell advertising to local businesses both on-air and digital
• Grow and maintain a full customer portfolio
• Develop new business
• Develop ad campaigns
• Media sales experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively.
• Ability to use creativity to solve problems.
• Ability to develop campaigns and motivate others.
• A real desire to understand your clients and their businesses.
• A thirst for ongoing learning: advertising, marketing, television, digital.
• Experience selling digital products/strategies including audience targeting, social media, PPC, SEO.
• Excellent knowledge of presentation software, MS Office products and CRM software.
• Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver's license.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbpj5-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.