WGXA is looking for a Multi-Media/Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and repair transmitters (FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, videotape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors, and display systems.
• Provide IT support and maintain hardware and software installations
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to current and future engineering standards and practices, as they evolve
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• 2 years of broadcast and or IT experience
• Solid understanding of core hardware, computer systems, and electrical systems
• Experience working with RF systems, electronics troubleshooting, and soldering is preferred
• Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision and in a team setting
• Confidence in troubleshooting problems and effectively communicating solutions to internal and external customers
• Ability to read and understand technical materials
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
• An associate degree or higher in electronics or a related field is preferred
• SBE certifications, FCC GROL, or Amateur Radio licenses will be taken into account
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0eyqj-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.