News Anchor / Reporter - WGGB / Wshm
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (W/END) - WGGB/WSHM
Named 2021 Station of the year by the Massachusetts Broadcasters Association, Western Mass News is a licensed television station in Springfield, Massachusetts, and serves the Pioneer Valley. The networks of Western Mass News include ABC 40, Fox 6 and CBS 3.
WGGB is seeking a W/End News Anchor/Reporter. This position researches, develops and covers news reports in the field which are informative, interesting and compelling while remaining consistent with the station's brand and editorial philosophy. In addition, the Anchor/Reporter develops and presents content that represents the station and its brand image and serves as a vehicle to increase customer viewership and attract advertising customers. As a reporter, this candidate covers news in the field, writes stories and edits and/or rewrites copy when needed.
Essential responsibilities include, but not limited to:
40% - Delivers news and introduces content from local news reporters, sports and weather as well as external sources in accordance with program outline. Delivers unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large.
10% - Collaborates with producers and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions and teases. May appear in promotions as assigned.
30% - Receives assignments or evaluates leads and tips in order to develop story ideas. Covers news in the field. Transmits news stories or reports from remote locations using equipment including Live U.
5% - Generates, produces and delivers high profile special reports. Edits video for broadcasts as necessary.
5% - Participates in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned.
- Must be creative with ability to provide original concepts, ideas and solutions.
- Must be a skilled communicator capable of speaking to a diverse audience and conveying messages effectively.
- Ability to interpret information quickly and summarize into a clear, concise, relevant and understandable presentation.
- Must possess strong listening skills for meaningful and interesting interviews with newsmakers.
- Must be able to MMJ.
- Must possess strong written communication skills to effectively articulate details of the news and local events to the community.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- % Travel Required (Approximate): 20%
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ev81-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.