WFXR is looking for a Weekend Anchor/MMJ to join our news team. The successful candidate should have previous news anchoring or reporting experience. We are looking for someone who can enterprise stories and excels at breaking news.
This person will produce/anchor weekend evening newscasts and MMJ three days a week. Must be a team player.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• Two (2) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8851-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.