WESH-TV in Orlando, Florida, is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station's website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Managing live streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Comb social media to identify posts/stories that would perform on the station's website and social media
• Produce short videos/graphics to drive engagement on social platforms
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the station's digital platforms
• Other duties as required
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• Must be able to keep focused and level-headed in a sometimes stressful, breaking news environment
• Experience using Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok in a news capacity a plus
• Experience using ENPS, Crowdtangle, Social News Desk and Tweetdeck a plus
• College Degree in Journalism or related field
• Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznvon-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.