- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout WECT:
WECT News has been where News Comes First in Southeastern North Carolina for over 65 years. We're a dual station broadcasting on NBC (WECT) and Fox (WSFX-Fox Wilmington). We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington DMA (126), serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the most accessible local news outlet in our market, with wect.com, mobile, and streaming platforms. WECT is the dominant #1 station in the market.
WECT is looking for a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts. Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories). This position will involve filling in on different newscasts, so schedule flexibility and the ability to work with different anchors, directors, and formats is important.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Produce live newscasts daily
• Select content
• Write scripts
• Communicate with anchors, assignment desk, field crews, editors, and others to ensure execution of a high- quality newscast
• Produce live breaking news and special event coverage
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Occasionally write/edit stories for digital
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred, equivalent experience considered
• Experience as a producer preferred, but not required
• Excellent writing, showcasing, time management skills required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy70n0-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.