WEAR News is looking for a General Assignment Reporter to join our team in Pensacola, Florida. The right candidate understands how to tell a unique impactful story. We are looking for someone who is motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive. A reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop community-driven story ideas, gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Being an advocate for the community
• Ability to cultivate contacts within the community to create impactful stories daily
• Must be active daily on social media sharing station content and listening to what the community has to say
• Ability to go live quickly during breaking news
• Understands the ethics of journalism
• Strong on-air presence, pacing, and delivery
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, Digital, News Director, etc.
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 1-2 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpbb6x-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.