WDAM is located between Hattiesburg and Laurel, Mississippi. We are known as the Pine Belt and reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is within driving distance to New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We are the most trusted source for news on television and our digital platforms.
WDAM is looking for an experienced Morning Anchor to join our news team. Applicants should have a minimum of (1) year experience as an Investigative Reporter and News Anchor. Our candidate must be a strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and creative storyteller and writer. The candidate must be able to lift and carry video equipment, shoot, write, edit, and post multiple stories daily on air, online and to social media websites all under tight deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Anchoring WDAM Sunrise from 5a-7a and fill-in for other shifts as needed; including holidays and weekends.
• Reporting live from the field and in the studio for our newscasts
• Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
• Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local, statewide and federal agencies
• Writing sidebars and turn day-of investigative content to enhance news of the day coverage
• Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
• Strategizing with news management on investigative workflow and special report placement
• Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
• Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
• Covering breaking news and severe weather
• Being comfortable with live shots, extended and extensive news coverage.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience
• Proven track record of in-depth investigative reporting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1y6e-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.