Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth and hot real estate makes Charleston one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• 2 years reporting experience preferred
• Must be prepared to work holidays, nights & weekends as assigned
• Knowledge of the Charleston area preferred
• Reporting daily for multiple newscasts
• Creative shooting, writing, editing and posting of all news stories
• Must have good writing skills
• Be able to work well under strict deadline pressure
Ideal candidate should have at least two years experience as a reporter for a broadcast news station or news website. The successful applicant's background must include, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. You must be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing and social media. You MUST provide a link to your resume reel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vqyq-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.