Sports Photographer - WCJB
SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHER (P/T) - WCJB
WCJB TV20 ABC Affiliate - #1 rated legacy broadcast TV station located in beautiful North Central Florida (the Gainesville market) has a proud heritage and an energetic newsroom. WCJB TV20 is the market leader, with viewers relying on us for news, weather, and sports coverage from Your Local Station. Along with the market's strongest news ratings, and ever-expanding digital platforms, we deliver results for our advertisers. Gainesville is a sports town, and we cover our local high school sports teams with the same fervor we bring to our constant coverage of Florida Gator sports.
Although best known as the home of the University of Florida, Gainesville is also a medical hub with nationally recognized institutions including UF Health/Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Corporations specializing in medical innovations such as Priora Robotics and Exactech have also made Gainesville their home. And with a large college student population, multiple tech businesses have sprung up, leading to the development of the Innovation Hub and the Cade Center.
Local entertainment and the arts play a major role throughout North Central Florida with seasonal events year round. The National Hot Rod Association's Gatornationals kicks off drag racing season in March. With national championships in multiple sports, there are plenty of Florida Gator events to follow throughout the school year.
The scenic North Central Florida landscape includes rivers, lakes, and bubbling springs along with an abundance of pristine woodlands, rolling hills, and nature parks. Clean water, clear air, eco-friendly environment and safe, local communities make Gainesville and Alachua County one of the best places to live in America.
WCJB is seeking a part-time sports photographer, even though this position is part-time it constitutes a key member of our sports coverage team. You'll be responsible for shooting live sports, practices, collegiate signings, interviews, and writing/editing on-air treatments. Many of our shoots are on nights and weekend.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives assignment or evaluates leads/news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Shoots video and still photos for web, if required, to illustrate stories.
- Writes web stories.
- Edits videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Shoots live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit
- Assist sports anchors in preparing cast as needed.
- Additional duties as required by management.
- BA degree in broadcasting or equivalent work experience
- Computer literacy required, including, ideally ENPS news system.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Ability to meet various deadlines.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to station website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Florida Driver's license and acceptable driving record required. No phone calls. EOE.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7bpq9-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.