Executive News Producer - WBRC
WBRC is the legacy, first-place station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
Are you a motivator and leader of people? Are you an experienced, passionate and enthusiastic producer? WBRC Fox6 News is seeking a dynamic Executive News Producer to be responsible for creative development of mostly non-hard news, original news programming. The candidate that holds the position of executive news producer must be editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of both hard news and the audience, and be able to translate this into an energetic and dynamic program. He/she sets and communicates the creative vision, creates and enhances rundowns, proposes new program concepts and must be able to provide compelling storytelling. The candidate must be a strong leader in the newsroom and the control room; possess the ability to bond with anchors, reporters, producers, photographers and editors. He/she will foster a positive workplace environment and encourage collaboration. He/she must have demonstrated managerial and coaching skills, and the ability to lead and develop a team in support of the strategic plan. The Executive Producer must effectively and efficiently handle problem solving daily and must be able to attend daily editorial meetings.
*** Please note, the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above ***
- Minimum of five years' experience producing or other content roles at a local news station.
- Management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible with working hours (nights, overnights, holidays) and adaptable to change.
- The ideal candidate must have superior judgment, knowledge of current and trending events.
- The successful candidate should be an extraordinary people manager who can coach and challenge the staff.
- This position requires a collaborative personality with an aptitude for working under pressure with diverse talent and staff in addition to managing on-air personalities.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius computer systems.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzee7q-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.