The Anchor/Reporter is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for an anchor who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. Our next anchor/reporter will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. We are looking this market's next leader who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions, and will hold those in power accountable. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events
• In-person attendance is required
• Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
• Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8z0b-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.