Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a senior level technical artist with a passion for performance, optimization, and high visual quality, specifically related to environments. You will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology developing an upcoming AAA title, Hogwarts Legacy, in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are accustomed to being the go-to for engineers and artists for all things related to level content performance, please apply.
• Improve artist workflow by developing tools, defining standards and best practices.
• Develop Unreal performance tests to help prioritize optimization efforts.
• Keep and maintain clear documentation for standards and best practices.
• Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
• Work as a team with programmers, artists, and other technical artists
• Lead and mentor other technical artists.
• Research and develop forward thinking technologies and tools.
• Content integration in Unreal Engine.
• 5+ years' experience in the industry.
• At least 3 published games.
• Strong Unreal 4 foundation; integration and optimization of content, and blueprints.
• Strong understanding of authoring and optimizing materials.
• In depth experience with Unreal environment creation.
• In depth knowledge of performance tools within Unreal.
• Scripting proficiency (Python)
• C++ experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Maya and other DCC 3D tools.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp16o0-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.