Wilmslow, United Kingdom
As Community & Communications Manager at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., you will be the voice of our games to our valued player base and the wider industry and press.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing community engagement programs and the overall global social strategy for our games with a view to maintaining and driving a highly engaged, loyal community for our titles. Working with our global communications team, you will also be responsible for building and managing Playdemic's communication and PR strategy to trade and consumer press.
You should be familiar with a wide variety of social media platforms and tools and will be responsible for creating, managing and growing the company's presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
Naturally you will need to be an excellent communicator both written and verbally, as you will be required to create engaging content for press releases, trade events, our community channels and also be the key liaison between press, our players, Customer Support and the game Producers.
You will be proactive at seeking out opportunities to grow and expand their awareness of our products and communities, and report regularly on engagement, performance and other key metrics.
If you are an experienced and passionate individual with a proven record of successful communications and strategies and building a community in gaming, we'd love to hear from you.
Core Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience as a community manager, ideally in mobile and free-to-play.
• Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
• Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns.
• Avid gamer.
• Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
• Current in depth knowledge of social media channels, best practice and emerging trends is essential. Monitor and drive conversation across all platforms.
• Work with integrated communications team and game teams to develop, update and execute community engagement calendar
• Write engaging and emotive content for use on relevant social media channels and forums.
• Able to develop and execute community engagement programs.
• Promote new community features to players.
• Deliver regular community updates to the business, informing of community sentiment and player focused campaign performance.
• Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback based on A/B testing, consumer insights through online surveys and close monitoring of community channels.
• Demo products at various tradeshows and press events if necessary.
• Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure.
• Detail orientated, quality focused and player centric.
• High levels of energy and drive.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We've recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we've added to this space:
• Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces.
• Interesting and varied meeting spaces.
• Height adjustable desks throughout.
• State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work.
• One of the fanciest coffee machines you've ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages.
On top of a very competitive salary we also offer some of the following amazing benefits:
• Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies.
• Regular health, wellbeing and social events.
• Comprehensive Bonus Package.
• Generous Company Pension.
• Life Assurance.
• Discounts on products.