WB Games Inc. seeks a Cloud Engineer for the Business Process department.
In addition to the skills required by a Systems Administrator in an in-house or hosted environment, and knowledge of skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission AWS services, the IT/Cloud Engineer role requires additional knowledge and experience around technologies and techniques for automating provision and management of infrastructure in a distributed environment through scripting.
• University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
• Strong Linux system administration at the command-line level.
• Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking.
• Understanding of cloud security best practices.
• Experience with templates (CloudFormation and/or Terraform) and other configurable items to enable automation, preferably Ansible.
• Familiarity with deployment techniques (and tools) in a distributed environment, preferably Jenkins.
• Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment, preferably Datadog and Cloudwatch.
• Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services in AWS.
• Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
• Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
• Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
• Familiarity with messaging and queuing services.
• Infrastructure as Code: design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure.
• Familiarity with git and gitops.
• Familiarity with docker and Kubernetes.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• On-call availability, rotating 1 week schedule, 0-10 pages per week.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7zmk-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.