Director, Product Management and Marketing, Wmg Catalog
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences Group functions as a centralized, in-house creative agency for the Warner Recorded Music roster as well as for third party artists who need our expertise. This team is responsible for the development of programs to grow 1) fan engagement across digital, social, gaming and emerging platforms, cultural resonance, and 3) revenue and market share for artists. This happens through merchandising, ticketing, subscriptions, content, collaborations, and more. Turning label and artist goals into ''must-have'' experiences for fans.
Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences is a global team with a simple ethos: put the Artist at the center. Our team is made up of marketers, strategists, graphic designers, and engineers. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
We are flexible, agile and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing and CRM expertise that turns the artist goals into memorable experiences for fans.
Why this could be your next big break:
The VP, Creative works directly with the artist and their teams to develop their brand and grow their business in the marketplace across merchandise, ticketing, content, collaborations and more. This is an artist branding role focused on innovation, inspired by music and style trends. The VP, Creative will drive the creative strategy and vision to ensure it delivers on the campaign goals established by the marketing lead. This role will ensure creative continuity across all go to market plans and experiences that ultimately generate fan engagement, earned media and incremental revenue throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist's projects. You will collaborate with the entire Label staff supporting that artist -- Executives, Product Managers, Business Affairs, Marketers, A&R. You will also work closely with the Artist and their representation, Managers, Agents, Lawyers to extend the artists brand into the marketplace with outside brand partnerships, merchandising and content collaborations without sacrificing overall brand integrity.
Here you'll get to:
• Ideate, shape, and translate the creative brand vision, overall aesthetic and functional pieces of fan facing experiences in conjunction with Artists, the Label, and their teams
• Ensure that the visuals, messaging, and interactive elements of a project are properly aligned with the creative vision and artist's brand standards
• Partner with SVPs, Label executives, Artist(s), Brands, Platforms and Operations to ideate and develop visuals for go to market plans that drive fan engagement, earned media, and incremental revenue
• Achieve continuity of the creative vision across social, merch, content, gaming, experiential, etc.
• Develop brand/artist profiles in partnership with Marketing Director and the Audience/Analytics team to inform brand and business strategy
• Create all relevant assets, presentation schematics, and branding materials as needed for execution
• Pitch stakeholders and receive buy-in to secure approvals for all aspects of developed creative strategy
• Work closely with your immediate team members – Marketing Director and Production Director – to ensure cohesion and see all programs through from conceptualization to execution
• Deliver recommendations around brand collaborators and overall tone when shaping broader brand strategy
• Understand the impact of programs and communicate value delivered to appropriate partners
• Foster close, positive relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally including Label and WEA counterparts and Artists and Artist management
• Collaborate closely with other Creative Directors to share learnings, best in class practices and resources
• 12+ years of creative, design, art direction and/o brand development experience at an agency or in the music/entertainment industry
• 10+ years of proven experience working cross-functionally within a larger team
• Motivated teammate
• Strong background in design and or/art direction
• As a fan yourself, you have a deep understanding of fans and shaping culture
• You are passionate about music and have experience working with talent
• You are able to provide as well as receive feedback and direction
• You have past experience that exhibits your independent thinking, high personal standards, creative eye, and ability to work on a cross-functional team
• Strategic and creative problem solver who is able to connect dots to create the bigger picture
• You have strong leadership, relationship building & problem-solving skills
• You are a persuasive and effective communicator who can convey information efficiently at various levels of leadership and cross departmentally
• You have excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and a strong attention to detail.
• You are self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• You enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and embrace change
• You are results oriented and focused on outcomes
• You understand the importance and influence of visuals to help shape a story
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A creative portfolio of past work
• Bachelor's degree in related field, from an accredited college or university
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89jqx-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.