WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Vice President, New Business & Ventures, Web3 Strategy
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategy and executing partnerships, content license deals, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities in the social and gaming ecosystems. The team's global directive places it at the core of the constantly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and leading all aspects of WMG's relationships and initiatives within the start-up ecosystem.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead Warner Music Group's Web3 strategy. The role will evaluate opportunities around blockchain, tokens, cryptocurrencies, and related technologies for the purpose of creating new scalable commercial opportunities and direct-to-fan touchpoints for WMG's artists and ensuring business continuity.
Here you'll get to:
• Drive all elements of deal making and commercial partnerships with Web3 platforms, marketplaces, and studios and advise on NFT content strategy.
• Provide thought-leadership and communicate WMG's Web3 strategy to senior management, across the label group, and to artists and their managers.
• Forge and maintain a diverse network of investors, start-ups, and crypto-native founders to ensure that WMG has visibility into new opportunities, business models, and trends.
• Collaborate with other business development deal leads to ensure that WMG has a view on how the shift to Web3 will impact our core business and existing partners.Coordinate with label teams to ensure that artist contracts contemplate a variety of use cases, secure the necessary rights, and obtain broad artist support; provide project execution support when needed.
• Create process and coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that WMG's practices, systems, and supply chain meets the standards and requirements for Web3.
• You have 10+ years' experience relevant to blockchain and cypto-technologies.
• Strong familiarity with consumer technologies, digital media, music rights and/or artist management.
• Have a strong network and are well-known innovator within the industry.
• Experience driving strategy across an organization and communicating with senior management.
• Established track record in applying innovative approaches and structures to deal making.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv4p2-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.