Sr. Financial Analyst - Consolidations and Financial Reporting
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Manager – Deal Analysis
A little bit about our team:
The broad FP&A group is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for all WMG segments (Corporate, Recorded Music, Music Publishing). The department will partner on a wide array of analysis across all divisions including deal analysis (i.e. A&R, Licensing, JV/Profit Share, Distribution, Publishing and M&A), operating performance/delivery tracking, market/competitive analysis, strategic opportunities and ad-hoc projects as needed.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position within the FP&A Deal Team is responsible for leading WMG's artist and songwriter deal analysis and executive approval process, among other strategic projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with FP&A colleagues and global affiliates to develop financial models and strategic assessments, including ROI analysis, for executive team. Lead process for new and existing artist and writer deals, other significant transactions and deal post mortem analyses
• Parter with executive team in establishing best practices and optimizing deal structures at the affiliate levels; leverage in-depth understanding of market dynamics to support and challenge affiliates during deal negotiations
• Manage approval process for executive approval-level deals, including preparation and submission of transaction summaries
• Provide support for CEO/CFO, board presentations, valuations, etc.
• Interact with cross-functional groups, including global Finance, Business Affairs, Administration and others to ensure progress through the deal approval process
• Provide regular updates to senior management on status of ongoing deal analysis and negotiations
• Periodically work with operating units and business development to assist in assessing potential targets; conduct pre- and post-transaction M&A deal analyses and valuations
• Understanding of finance and cash flow concepts/principles
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to identify and solve problems; critical thinking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate with senior level management team
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop
• Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team
• Clear and organized written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Well-developed analytical skills, problem-solving
• Knowledge of music/media industry strong plus
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA in Finance, Economics or Accounting
• 5-7 years of finance-related experience in corporate finance, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj2wx-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.