Director, Digital Strategy & Business Development Executions
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Senior Designer – Design Systems (Contract Assignment)
Job Title: Senior Designer – Design Systems (Contract Assignment)
A little bit about our team:
Our designers are strong strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who work on internally and externally facing products that are transforming the music business. Our ideal candidate is someone who will oversee and empower these designers to do their best work.
We're looking for a rhythm guitar player, errr... a Senior Designer that can help us build out our new Legato Design System.
Working with our small but mighty Design Systems team of UX, QA and Development folks, your primary tasks will be to:
• Identify, define, and design compound components, workflows, and large patterns
• Create supporting content for developers and design by writing use guides
• act as liaison with teams on projects using the system
• Participate in workshops to evangelize the system and gather feedback to inform content and/or features
You should have direct, ''I did this'' experience and examples of design system component and style work, as well as writing examples (sometimes technical) of component use for both designers and developers.
Here you'll get to:
Drive the adoption and benefits of a design system with intelligence, skill, and passion. And... have fun working with a really great and entertaining group of UXperts.
• 3+ years experience as a designer in an Enterprise, SaaS or other B2B environment
• 1+ years in a Design Systems role
• Good communication skills to facilitate working with product owners and external teams
• Ability to speak the language of developer, UX advocates, and product owners
• A clean design sensibility
• A logical mind to break down and organize complex components and patterns into build-able specifications, properties, Figma variants, and non-variant hidden objects
• An inclination towards systems thinking
• Experience with Bootstrap and Material design systems
• Responsive web design, including mobile component needs and variations
• Excellent grammar
We'd love it if you also had:
• Animation and Lottie chops
• Accessibility experience
• Familiarity with GitFlow and technical stacks
• Experience editing in MDX and SCSS formats
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbe2zy-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.