Manager, Digital Strategy & Business Development (Deal Analysis)
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Strategy & Business Development
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms in hopes of finding and growing audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists. This is a junior role that would make a strong impact by supporting these initiatives.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will combine your analytical skills and industry knowledge to support our ongoing partnership and deal negotiations. The ideal candidate would be passionate about understanding the intersection of content, technological innovation, and consumer behavior that drives our industry.
Here you'll get to:
• Build financial models to support key deal negotiations with digital partners.
• Continuous analysis of data from partners (e.g., Spotify, Apple, Google, Amazon, Deezer, etc.) to understand key trends within the digital music space.
• Drive presentations to communicate findings to senior BD team and key WMG stakeholders (e.g., c-suite, label heads, etc.).
• Liaise and work closely with WMG's data and research teams.
• Develop points of view and strategic alternatives regarding new business models.
• Stay apprised of new technology and consumer trends.
• Bachelor's Degree from a top university.
• Consulting, investment banking, or other corporate deal related experience preferred.
• 3-5 years of professional experience.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and attention to detail.
• Advanced financial modeling ability.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to translate quantitative models and analysis into cohesive insights.
• Create models to evaluate industry trends, categories, different revenue streams or products (e.g., ad supported versus subscription based revenue, etc.).
• Experience conducting deal driven analysis and industry/category/company analysis.
• Proactive attitude and strong work ethic required.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Aptitude in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects.
• Interest in the music industry highly preferred.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvnk1-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.