Job Title: Manager, Collections
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center will embody the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Order to Cash team, will be responsible for measuring and monitoring financial risk related to the extension of credit terms as well as the timely recovery and optimizing efficiency related to incoming cash (receivables).
Why this could be your next big break:
If you have a passion for minimizing credit risk and maximizing AR collections then keep reading! The Manager for Credit and Collections will analyze new and existing customer accounts, assess financial condition and recommend appropriate credit lines. Proactively work to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections. The Manager will assist with order management as it relates to credit exposure and reconcile customer statements/billings. The Manager will also communicate and educate both internal and external customers on the organizations policies and procedures.
Here you'll get to:
• Assess customer credit risk and assignment of customer credit lines;
• Assess and analyze financial statements (10Q/10K Filings);
• Provide financial order management support to supply chain and sales personnel to control credit exposure, affect timely payment, and minimize and resolve customer disputes;
• Supervise Collections Analyst(s)
• Work closely with Deductions Analyst to ensure disputes are repaid, or escalated timely;
• Lead and conduct customer collection calls and maintain diligent notes related to collection activities;
• Maintain accurate credit and collection files and perform monthly portfolio analysis;
• Support cross-functional teams (i.e. Cash Applications) and provide guidance to off-shore BPO (Infosys);
• Conduct return reconciliations to ensure adequate credit has been issued to customers; and
• Participate in departmental projects as required.
• Maintain department operating procedures as it relates to credit.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Ability to analyze liquidity, efficiency, and profitability of financial statements and to articulate findings in a formal credit evaluation format;
• Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment with supporting justification and rationale;
• Effective business writing and communication skills; and
• Self-motivator requiring minimal management oversight.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Requires 3+ years' experience in commercial credit and collections. Including performing/preparing reconciliation's, dispute resolution, and high volume customer contact;
• 3+ years' experience using an enterprise finance solution (SAP/Oracle preferred);
• Previous experience in the media/entertainment industry a plus; and
• BS degree in accounting/business/finance or related field highly preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g321jq-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.