WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Junior Manager/ Director, A&R Administration ( title commensurate with experience)
A little bit about our team:
The intersection of A&R, Business Affairs and Finance, the A&R Administration at Atlantic Records leads all aspects of the recording process from a business perspective. This includes administering all A&R related budgets and handling recording-related legal issues and logistics. Further, the department serves as the primary interface between A&R/Marketing/Legal and Production in the creation and release of all commercial and promotional products. This position reports to the EVP of A&R Operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to work at one of the most historic and successful record companies in the world, in the center of the action. If paying attention to detail, anticipating potential issues, learning from your mistakes, and getting things done sounds just like you, this is your opportunity. You will work behind the scenes, in a fast-paced team environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Partner with A&R and/or artist management to devise overall spending and logistical plan for the recording project.
• Provide timely communication regarding the status of each project (i.e. providing budget projections to A&R, alerting business affairs of legal issues, notifying artist/management of production deadlines, advising senior management of potential project overages or delays).
• Ensure all products are clear for release.
• High volume communication with artist attorneys for producer/side artist/third party clearances.
• Preparing agreements for producers, side artists, remixers, etc.
• Initiating audio review and follow-through in clearing all samples and interpolations.
• Beginning the label waiver process with contract administration to clear all side artists.
• Manage the day-to-day recording process such as coordinating studio bookings, equipment rentals, artist travel, scheduling mixing and mastering sessions, routing music for approvals, etc. Work with all vendors to ensure cost-effectiveness throughout the recording process.
• Review and submit all invoices for payment including all contractual advances.
• Review artist agreements to assess and enforce contractual obligations with respect to recording.
• Oversee all spending related to assigned projects which includes preparing and managing recording budgets of varying magnitudes.
• Work with the pre-production department in the preparation and editing of liner notes, approving packaging, and meeting production deadlines.
• Collecting audio deliverables which include masters, mixes and session files.
• Manage a large roster comprised of a variety of different projects, assess each project's specific needs and prioritize accordingly.
• Work well and communicate with different personalities.
• Be a team player and willing to dig in on tasks for specific project needs, even if the task seems outside of the normal job description.
• Be a great problem solver – have the ability to anticipate issues before they arise and adjust accordingly.
• Shift gears comfortably and maintain composure when under pressure.
• Handle budgets cost-effectively and possess strong analytical skills.
• Review and understand legal contracts.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Basic understanding of the recording process.
• Encyclopedic musical knowledge.
• Prior project management experience.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv05w-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.