At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Junior A&R Manager
A little bit about our team:
The A&R team at Elektra Music Group (EMG) is a fast-paced and collaborative team operating within the Elektra umbrella working to identify and sign emerging artists. This team works with all labels attached to EMG, including Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, dta, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound and Public Consumption. This role will be working with the whole Elektra Music Group A&R team.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this job you will play a critical role in the process of identifying and pursuing the artists that we are signing to Elektra Music Group. You will be on the front lines of helping us define the future sound of Elektra and be responsible for helping land those artists at the company.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be monitoring and spending a great deal of time on meaningful social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, SnapChat
• You will be monitoring and spending time on meaningful platforms in the gaming / music space, such as Twitch, Discord etc.
• You will be responsible for maintaining communication with a number of artists and their teams as we discuss a partnership with each artist
• You will spend time in studios with artists who we are considering partnering with. This will be in the Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Nashville areas predominantly
• You will attend a series of daily and weekly meetings at the company in the A&R and Marketing areas
• You have a strong passion for music and pop culture
• You enjoy spending time looking for and discovering new artists
• You have a strong comfort with and familiarity with relevant social media platforms
• You have a genuine interest in the trends that emerge from these platforms
• You have a strong understanding and passion for pop culture and pop culture trends
• You have a wide taste in music that spans multiple genres
• You are a detail oriented and methodical person who understands and appreciates the relationship between focusing on the details of a task and how they affect the quality of the result
• Collaborative and work well in a team
• You have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that has a level of urgency to it
• You have the ability to voice an unpopular opinion amongst a group, especially if you are the only one with such an opinion
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• If you were a gamer and spent time in the gaming space and on gaming platforms
• Had a wide network within the music industry and music space
• Are comfortable taking a work trip last minute
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7yv3-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.