Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Assistant, Creative Services Production
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Creative Services team at Atlantic Records.
Job Title: Creative Services Production Assistant
A little bit about our team
The Creative Services Department at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like creative team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of branding, music and technology, unlike any other at a record label. We are responsible for all visual elements that are used to brand, identify and market the artists under Atlantic Records and Elektra Music Group. The full department works hand in hand for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners across branding, music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career.
This includes Art Directors who handle all physical album packaging, singles, advertisements, promotional materials and, special edition packaging and branding for their roster. Web designers who focus on digital strategy, CRM strategy, online and mobile experiences for websites and webstores, social content and email acquisition. Motion graphics team handles short-form video content for all social platforms, partners, websites, webstores, emails, augmented reality snap lenses, digital advertising, Spotify canvas visualizers, promotional and teaser assets.
The team also includes an E-commerce digital marketing team who focuses on bringing the artist brand, vision, merch, vinyl and packages to life and market. Utilizing the creative team and e-commerce strategies to help grow the artist fan base and brand with campaigns, experiences and partnerships.
The Creative Services department is led by SVP's – Catherine Ciapas and Rob Gold, who partner with the Atlantic Records SVP/Creative Director, Greg Burke to collaborate and grow the vision of the label, artists branding and digital content.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Creative Services Production Assistant loves to be organized and to have their hands in a little bit of everything, for an agency-like creative team. You will get to learn directly from the co-heads of the department on how to organize a department and what a creative production flow looks like with the inner workings of project management, art creation, Vinyl + D2C, web design/development and short-form video production. You will help the team to stay focused on the creative and marketing, while we continue to stay efficient with release schedules, invoices and contracts.
You will also be direct support for the co-department heads Catherine Ciapas and Rob Gold. While also supporting the Creative Director for Atlantic Records – Greg Burke.
Here you'll get to:
Production Assistant Role
• Process, submit and track a high-volume requests of creative related invoices through WMG accounts payable using Ariba and SAP; open and track purchase orders for Creative Services using Ariba
• Create and manage and track a high-volume requests + inquiries of all creative contracts for assets between outside vendors (photographers/designers, etc.) and Creative Services on a daily basis
• Create new vendor requests through WMG vendor maintenance system and follow through to completion; including troubleshooting and assisting vendors in documentation completion
• Manage and report on allocated art budgets to remain cost-effective and update invoice tracker to keep ongoing record of invoices paid to date
• Serve as the liaison between artist management, photographers, art directors, and designers for invoices and contracts regarding photo shoots and album/single packaging
Department Assistant Role
• Provide full administrative support SVP/Creative Director and SVP Creative Services department heads including but not limited to answering phones and managing Outlook calendar
• Manage expenses for SVP, /Creative Director and SVP Creative Services department heads using Concur Solutions on a bi-weekly basis
• Coordinate and book travel for off-site photo shoots for Creative Director, Photographer, and Art Directors within the Creative department using BCD travel and make schedule for Creative Director
• Manage office/art supplies inventory and prepare orders to maintain proper levels via corporate Staples website
• Organize documents (invoices, contracts, deal memos, travel itineraries, etc.) in online database utilizing Box.
• Help maintain and organize creative content release schedule, with assets on Box and within Excel.
Rockstar candidates will have/be:
• You are nice!
• You enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems
• You are a self-starter and highly motivated
• You work well under pressure
• You love LOVE and appreciate art and music
• You LOVE the internet, technology and social
• You are able to prioritize multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are comfortable with budget management
• You are a quick learner and aren't afraid to ask questions
• You are excited to learn a little bit of everything and willing to jump in on any project
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities and excellent attention to detail
• You are outgoing and confident interfacing with all employees/external partners
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience with our Primary Software: Ariba, SAP, Concur Solutions
• Experience with our Secondary Software: Mac, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite'
• Working knowledge of project management tools and spreadsheet software
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.